Sunday, June 5, 2011

Trails and Temptations.

I was watching Joyce Meyer yesterday and she gave the best sermon on how tests and trials lead to temptations. She also explained why we are given tests by God, or why he allows trials.

Trials show us what we are really like deep inside. When we are suffering we can:

Be angry at God.
Complain constantly.
Resent people who have no troubles (so we think).
Take matters into our own hands and don't wait for God.

We can also run to an addiction to help us instead of trusting God.

For when we are having a hard time in life; if there is a set-back or a heartbreak, we are all tempted to make ourselves feel better in some way. The temptation is different for each of us. For some, it might be to get drunk for days on end, for another, it might be to overeat or take drugs. Anything to feel better.

I have to say with shame that I have done all of the above. All.
Yes, God has shown me what was in my heart. But I am learning as I walk along the paths in this world. I used to get discouraged at my lack of maturity, but I don't any longer. I know God loves me. I have no fear. He loves slow learners too.

Joyce says to tell yourself, "Don't Panic. This is only a test."

No comments: