Monday, June 6, 2011

My Burden is Light.


"Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart
You will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

The yoke is used to guide the oxen in the field and to keep them side by side.
Jesus said his yoke is easy. The world will guide us in the wrong direction, towards those things that will harm us. It looks easy at first but ends up being a heavy burden.
Jesus will guide us to a better way. He will be yoked together with us and help us.

What are the burdens of the world? Worry, money, mistrust, heartache etc.
What is Jesus burden. He says it is light. I think his burden is learning to trust in him by reading the Bible each day and praying for ourselves and others. This is a light burden. It is something he cannot do for us, but it is easy and light.

2 comments:

betty said...

I agree with you; it is putting him in control of your life and letting him lead you and us trusting in him. I like that he says "come to me all who are weary and burden" he doesn't exclude anyone! all are invited!

betty

Belle said...

Yes, that is so true!