Saturday, November 19, 2011

Our Relationship with Others.


"If you bring your gift to the alter (go to God in worship) and there remember someone has something against you, leave your gift. First go and be reconciled with that person and then come and offer your gift." Matthew 5:23

If we have hurt a person in any way we are to go to them and ask for forgiveness before we come to God. Our relationships with other people are vitally important to God. We are to love others as we love ourselves and show this in words and deeds.

"This shows, that acts of love and friendship are preferable to sacrifices; and that sacrifices offered up in wrath, and whilst unreconciled to others, are unacceptable to God, and of no avail." 
http://bible.cc/matthew/5-24.htm

Hubby and I say we are sorry to each other quite often. We both seem to drive each other crazy. I guess it is good for Christian growth since I have learned to pray desperately not to lose my temper with him! He probably does the same, I don't know. We do try never, ever to go to bed mad at each other and haven't done that for years. God has used our differences to teach us patience and to learn to say, "I'm sorry."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saying I'm sorry was one of the hardest lesson for me to learn...now I will be the first in line...not b/c it is easy but b/c of the treasures I found in true humility of asking for forgiveness....night night Belle

betty said...

I heard a sermon preached about this a few months ago. God does consider it of utmost importance we do forgive each other and ask for forgiveness when we do a wrongdoing. I think you and your husband's resolve not to go to bed angry at each other and your willingness to say "I'm sorry" is a great thing in a relationship!

betty

Anonymous said...

BUSH is BEE for COLORADO and when they have SEACREST and REGOS with REGIS...how much longer you think this is going to hold up?
OD with RICK and MEESE and CHENEY just lost their DEN - TEXAS.

Belle said...

When I was young, it was hard to say I'm sorry, but I've learned too that it is the best and happiest way!

Silver Strands said...

This scripture is a good reminder to check my feelings toward everyone every single day.

Belle said...

Yes, that is so true.