Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Sea and its Waves: A Sign of the End.

My blogger friend Kal wrote about "sea foam" that was on the beaches of Australia after a cyclone hit. I'd never heard of it before so I looked it up. Here is a picture:


It is an amazing sight. As I looked at this I thought about the recent trouble on the Eastern Seaboard and how the sea came inland. The terrible storms at sea are becoming worse each year. Tidal waves and storm surges are happening all over the world.

I remembered what Jesus said when speaking of the end of the world, "There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and there will be distress on earth among the nations that are confused by the roaring of the sea and its waves." Luke 21:25

I used to read that verse long ago and think, "This has not happened in the sea yet." But now it has. The nations are concerned about the sea and its waves. The storms at sea have been the cause of hundreds of thousands of deaths in the last few years.

We don't know what will happen when the heavenly bodies will be shaken. That is yet to come, but it will come.

Jesus went on, "Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."

Now Jesus tells us to look up and be glad,  "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."





3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Belle, I certainly believe that we are living in the "last" of the "last days." Blessings to you.

Sherry Ellis said...

That's a really pretty picture! My kids would have fun playing in that.

Belle said...

Real- I do too.

Sherry- It does look like fun!