Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Unanswered Prayer?


A book I was reading talked about "unanswered prayer". I've never understood this concept. I believe every prayer is answered. He says, "Yes" or "No". Some people teach he also says, "Wait". Okay, I guess that is right too.

In my mind, if you have been praying for something for twenty years and it hasn't happened then the answer is "No" and you should accept that.

I remember years ago praying for money to rain down upon my husband and me. I had never prayed for money like that before, just for help when we needed to pay for something, but now most of my family members needed money. Some had cars break down and needed a car. Some needed their credit cards paid. Many needs, many different prayers. I thought if God just gave me tons of money I could help everyone.

I also thought that it didn't hurt to ask. I thought, "God can do anything. I know I can ask for anything and he says "Yes" to most of my prayers so...

After a few weeks of praying for this miracle, God spoke to my mind in a very strong manner. As I was praying for this I felt something in my head - like: bang! Then I heard God say, "Don't pray for this again."

It was very clear. Since then, I've thought about how Moses begged God to let him go over to the promised land. God said, "Enough! Speak to me no more of this matter."

I've never asked for money again. I've seen my family struggle, but maybe they need to struggle! I'm sure there are lessons from life they need to learn - the way I learned, the hard way. Maybe they need to learn to turn to God in their troubles and if they didn't have trouble they might not turn to Him. I don't know, but knowing God, I know he has good reasons for everything he does. I don't consider my prayer unanswered. His answer was very clear!

2 comments:

Sherry Ellis said...

Yes, sometimes, "no" is the answer!

Belle said...

Hi Sherry. God bless.