Tuesday, April 22, 2014

From Birth to Death.

"Listen to me, descendants of Jacob, all you who remain in Israel. I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. 

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will save you.   Isaiah 46:4,5

I read this verse yesterday and found it so comforting. I am in my old age with gray hairs now. I have walked with God since I was 19 yrs. old. Still, I do believe God had me in his hands from the day I was born. The first verse says he carried me before I was born.

I love the description of what God will do for us through our lives; he made us, he cares for us, he carries us, he sustains us and finally he save us. What a description of our God! Sometimes we don't see this with literal eyes. We suffer and wonder why. But these things must be seen with spiritual eyes, for God is speaking of something deep and eternal. He is speaking of our inner life where he will lift us up above the things of this world.

From cradle to grave, our God is with us. He will give us strength to live this life if we ask him.  He will give us comfort if we pray to him. He will give us eternal life if we believe in him.


No comments: