Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rain in the Wilderness.



"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the LORD will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs. I will plant trees in the barren desert--cedar, acacia, myrtle, olive, cypress, fir, and pine."
Isaiah 41:17-20

One of the themes in the Old Testament is God turning the desert into a garden full of streams and pools of water. This is symbolic of what he will do with our lives for without him we are barren, lonely and dead while we still live.

Perhaps we feel that even with him we are not yet a garden but sometimes still feel barren. These are just feelings and we can never rely on feelings. This promise is not just for now but for eternity, where we will live with God in heaven. He will make up for us all the suffering we had in this world. He will turn our desert into a garden.

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."  Isaiah 43:19

"You heavens above, rain down my righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the LORD, have created it." Isaiah 45:8



No comments: