Saturday, April 26, 2014

God Our Home.

Two of my granddaughters, aged 16 and 18, were visiting yesterday. The eldest is graduating high school this year and has to find a job or go to college. She's not too excited about that. The girls were talking about the toys they played with when they were small and how much fun they had. My oldest granddaughter said, "I wish life was easy like it was back then."

I know what she means. If you have a loving home, good friends and like school, then having to find a job and go out into the big world can be daunting. She is such a sensitive, sweet girl and the world can be harsh. But she'll still be living at home while she works or goes to college and I'm sure she will do well.

For me, God is like a loving home I can go to when life is harsh. I can run to him and feel safe.

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

"For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in." Psalm 27:10

"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am." John 14:2,3


No comments: