Friday, May 22, 2015

Singing to God.

Photo found in:
http://www.bergercollection.org/index.php?id=5&artwork_id=51


"Sing to him, sing psalms to him, and think about all of his miraculous deeds." 1 Chronicles 16:9

"What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also. I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also."  1 Corinthians 14:15

When I was a young Christian, I used to listen to gospel music a lot. As I got older and was busy babysitting my grandchildren, I got away from that. I didn't want music on because then I couldn't hear them if they needed me.

The Bible tells us to sing to the Lord and praise him in that way. Recently, I bought a small CD player and bought a CD called, "Above All," music by Lenny Leblanc. I love every song. I have been surprised how much I have been helped spiritually by this music. I also listen to Enya's songs which are so beautiful.

Well, as I lay and listen to this music I started to picture being with Jesus in heaven. I pictured us walking together, in a boat on the sea, walking in the forest, and riding horses. We were both smiling and having a great time.

Later, I began to picture singing to the Trinity as they were "high and lifted up", as it says in the Bible. It is an exciting, happy image.

Then yesterday, I was out with my family, but on the few occasions I was walking alone I felt Jesus beside me. I felt him looking at the same things I looked at and walking down the sidewalk with me. It was amazing, and it probably happened because I have been imagining being with him. But, I don't think it was just that. I think God gave that sense or feeling to help me see Jesus is with me always.

So, I hope you will sing unto the Lord and gain a huge blessing!


No comments: