Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The All-Seeing God.



I was shopping on Amazon, then I went to my email account to check my mail. There was a message from Indigo.ca. I guess they figured I was already shopping so why not come on over to their store. Hey, it must be payday for Belle!

The instant I go anywhere on my computer someone knows about it. People who say they want privacy are living in a dream world. I've always thought that anything I do, read or write online is an open book to the whole world.

I've wondered how God can be so close to each of us, see and hear us all day and all night. Well, we have built machines that can do it so I guess a God who made this universe can do it too. It's an amazing thought.

Some people think, "Why has God left me?"  I'm never tempted to think that because I was raised in a church that continually told me God could see everything I do or think. I know God never leaves anyone for one minute. This can feel a little creepy sometimes, but hey, nothing I can do about it! Anyway, I love knowing he is right here for me to talk with at any time.

One time, I was laying in bed in pain with a backache. I said to God, "If you were here, I would ask you to rub my back." Immediately, my back quit hurting. I realized what I had said. I had pictured God far away up in heaven - seeing me, yes - but not right here in the room. My ideas of his presence changed that day.

 Psalm 139
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.
You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts,a God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you.


No comments: