Monday, June 8, 2015

Dying for Jesus.


I read of a man of Afghanistan who had heard the gospel preached. He was impressed by it but had not yet made a decision to follow Jesus.

One day he went to a barber shop, as he sat down the barber put a razor to his neck and asked him, "Are you one of those Christian infidels?"

At that moment the man made his decision for Christ. He said he was a Christian and began to share the gospel message. The barber slit his throat, but not deep enough, so the man ran out and got help from other Christians and lived.

As I read this, I remembered a story I had read in the news that was similar. It was a story that gave me joy even though it had what some might call a terrible ending.

http://www.aggiecatholicblog.org/2015/03/1-of-the-21-men-beheaded-was-not-a-christian-until-he-saw-the-death-of-those-who-refused-to-deny-jesus/

"1 of the 21 men who were beheaded a few weeks ago was not a Christian, that is he wasn’t a Christian until he saw the faith of the men who refused to deny Jesus and died for it. By their witness, he decided to believe in Jesus too! Here is the story:
"ISIS announced the execution of 21 Copts but only 20 names were confirmed, most of them were from the province of Minya(Upper Egypt). There was an inaccuracy in the number of Egyptian Hostages; there were only 20 Egyptians(Copts). Then who was this remaining one non-Coptic victim?
"Ahram-Canadian News was able to gather information about this man. He was a Chadian Citizen (Darker skin shown in picture) who accepted Christianity after seeing the immense faith of his fellow Coptic Christians to die for Christ. When Terrorist forced him to reject Jesus Christ as God, looking at his Christian friends he replied, “their God is my God“ so the terrorist beheaded him also."
I am so happy for this man who gave his life to Jesus and immediately died for him. 

"Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. These things they will do because they have not known the Father or Me. But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you." John 16:2-4

“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake...But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved." Matthew 24:9,13



2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Would we be so willing to die for our beliefs?
Those twenty did not die in vain. They brought someone else to Christ.

Belle Unruh said...

When I read about this incident I felt joy for all the men who died. I guess that seems strange, but I feel they did a momentous thing for God. Would we be willing to die for Christ? I hope so. We'll never know unless the test comes to us also.