Tuesday, June 16, 2015

He Lifted Me.



All Bible verses are found in Psalm 40.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

God lifted me up out of the slimy pit of sexual abuse. He set my feet on the Rock, which is called Christ. Jesus is a firm place to stand.

"He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD."

God put a new song in my mouth. I can praise him now, even when I feel sad, because in praising him I become happy in his friendship. I hope my life will help many to see the Lord and put their trust in him.

"Blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods."

When I trust in God, I am at peace. I don't look for guidance from men and women who are proud of themselves and love this world. No, I look for God to guide me through life.

"Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count."

As I look over my life, I see many miracles you have done for me and my family. Thank you so much. All of us on earth are in your thoughts day by day. What a wonderful God you are. 

"In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required."

An open heart and ears that listen to your words are more important than any sacrifice we make for you, Lord. Open our eyes and ears so we may see you as you really are.










No comments: