Saturday, June 27, 2015

I Love People Who are Gay.

"For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? But those who are outside, God judges."  Paul, 1 Corinthians 5:12,13

I love people who are gay.
I love people who are brown, black, white or whatever.
I love people who live in the Middle East.
I love people who live here in Canada.
I love Asians, African-Americans, Europeans, Africans, Indians, Native-Americans, Australians, Swedes, Americans, and so on...
I love Jimmy Fallon, because he seems to have a loving heart.
I love Bill Mahr, because he is searching for truth.
I love Jon Stewart, because he cares about righteousness.
I love John McCain, because of his courage, even though I don't like his politics.
I love Barack Obama, because his forgiveness and patient endurance reminds me of Jesus.
I love Jerry Falwell because of the school he built that has helped countless young people.
I love Tom Cruise because of his courage and kindness in helping people who were in trouble.
I love Johnny Depp for paying off Nicolas Cage's back taxes. (He paid him back already.)
I love Prime Minister Harper for giving Canadians tax breaks. We needed them.
I love Thomas Mulcair because he cares about the underdog.
I love Justin Trudeau because he is passionate about our country.
I love Winston Churchill because he was so brave and a great inspiration.
I love Martin Luther King because of his courage and loving example.
I love Oscar Wilde because of his honesty, his brilliant writing and especially his book, "Deprofundis," where he tells of his acceptance of Christ.
I love my father, who abused me, but also taught me some good things and gave us kids some good times. He was born from a twisted family and became twisted and I'm so sorry that happened. I forgive him and I love him even though he may never have changed before he died. But maybe he did! Maybe he did just before he died. I would be so happy if that were true.

Love is a funny thing. For years I have prayed to love everyone - all people everywhere. God has been gracious to me in giving me love for people. I'm not all the way there yet - there is still lots of room for growth. I still get angry and still sneer inside sometimes. Gotta keep praying.

As the apostle Paul says, we have no right to judge those people who don't belong to our church.
I see plenty of judging from Christians against people who are gay.
We have no right to do it. We have no right to say they are not Christians. We have no right to fight against gay-marriage. 

When Jesus was on earth, he told the church of his time what their sins were. He did not condemn the Romans, their religion or their government. 

"Who are you to condemn someone else's servants? Their own master will judge whether they stand or fall. And with the Lord's help, they will stand and receive his approval." Romans 14:4

Jesus, when he spoke of the Holy Spirit said, "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment."

It seems to me Christians just love to convict people of sin. Especially sins they themselves don't commit. I think the Holy Spirit is big enough to do his job and we should leave people alone except to tell them Jesus loves them. Then let the Spirit do his work.

One last word. God says in the Bible, "I hate divorce." Yet, Christians get divorced just as often as non-Christians. So don't cast a stone if you have even one sin you have committed. Jesus said that too.









No comments: