Saturday, May 14, 2011

He Has Given Us Everything.

II Peter 1:3-4
“His divine power has granted us everything pertaining to life and godliness.”
I read this verse this morning and was excited by the thought that God has already given us all we need to live this life and and to live it in godliness. This gift is ours. The next verse tells us how we receive it. “Through the true knowledge of Him who called us…”

The knowledge of God comes through the Bible. The next verse: “By these (knowledge from the Bible) he has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises. By these promises we partake of the divine nature…”

I’ve realized that in the past I didn’t really believe all of God’s promises. It seemed to me they were for Super-Christians, not me. I didn’t think I had strong enough faith. But I believe now that all of God’s promises are for me. I believe he has given me everything I need to cope with life and live a godly life because this is what he says. Belief has given me peace and confidence in what the Lord can do for me.

2 comments:

Clarence Heller said...

I wish to affirm you. My understanding is that believing is the most important thing. (Jn 6:28-29)

Belle said...

Yes. I always believed God was alive, and He died for me, but that is different than believing and trusting he will help me always.