Wednesday, May 4, 2011

We are Chosen.


I have started reading 1Peter and I have been moved by the first seven verses. The Bible is so rich in truth and goodness.

Verse 2 says we have been:

1. Chosen by God.
2. Sanctified by the Holy Spirit to obey Jesus.
3. Sprinkled with Jesus' blood.

One verse tells us the different works of God.

Verses 3 and 4 tell us we have a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. We have an inheritance which is "...imperishable, undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you."

A beautiful promise for our future.

Verse 6 talks about our suffering here in this world. "...even though now, for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials..."

Verse 7 tells us what will be the result of our trials. "...to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

2 comments:

betty said...

awesome verses!! It is so true that the Bible is so rich in truth and goodness!! It is alive too; always revealing new truths I do believe, if we just take the time to read it!

betty

Belle said...

It is amazing that each time I read it I learn things I never knew before!