Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Light of Dawn.

"The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day." Proverbs 4:18


Both of my sisters are Christians. Every year when I go down to Nevada to visit them I notice they have grown spiritually. They are more patient, thoughtful and kind. When I read this verse this morning, I thought of them.

I told one sister how much she has changed every year. She said, "I don't think I've changed at all. How have I changed?" I then told her how I could see God's work in her life. She was amazed. I think sometimes we change so slowly that we cannot see it ourselves. It is like the first gleam of dawn. We don't see the movement of the earth or sun - but the movement is there until it is the full light of day.

It is best we don't look at ourselves too much anyway. It is best to keep our eyes on Jesus who is the Author and Finisher of our faith.

3 comments:

betty said...

that is neat to see the growth and comment on it! You are right, I think the growth is so slow we often don't see it ourselves. And again you are right, we need to keep our eyes on Jesus indeed!

betty

Linda said...

Hi Belle: That is a lovely post. I have seen wonderful changes in my brother Brian since he became a christian after our dad passed away. He now plays in the worship team at church and talks about Godly things all the time. One of his daughters recently became a christian too. He was playing at church and in walked his daughter with her boyfriend! Isn't God Awesome! Praise to God for He does beautiful things. Thanks Belle.

Belle said...

Hello friends! It is so wonderful to see God's work in people we love. I'm happy for you Linda, that your brother and niece are now Christians. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!