Sunday, September 25, 2011

His Mercy is New Every Morning.

Jeremiah had seen great suffering and was feeling depressed. Right before he wrote these verses he said he had forgotten what happiness was. He felt his soul bowed down and full of bitterness. Then he said, "But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope.'

Lamentations 3:22-27

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
His mercies never come to an end,
They are new every morning.
Great is your faithfulness.

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I will hope in him."

The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
To the soul who seeks him.
It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.

3 comments:

betty said...

I love this passage; we need to say it every day to remember God's mercy and love for us!

betty

betty-NZ said...

Thanks for the beautiful reminder.

Belle said...

I read Jeremiah this week and was touched by his life and suffering. He was certainly a great prophet for God.