Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Mustard Seed.


Jesus said, "The kingdom of God is like a mustard seed, which when sown upon the soil, though it is smaller than all the seeds that are upon the soil, yet when it is sown, it grows up and becomes larger than all the garden plants and forms large branches; so that the birds of the air can nest under its shade."

I think the Lord plants a seed of the kingdom within us and as that seed grows we can become a tree that can bring help to others. We can begin our life with a tiny bit of faith, but that faith will grow through the years.

Also, God is like a tree where we can rest and find shade. Jesus said, "The kingdom of God is within you." I pray the seeds God has planted in us may grow and grow, larger and more beautiful until the end of time.

The mustard tree Jesus spoke of was called the Black Mustard tree which grows up to 9 feet tall. Its seeds are proverbially small.

2 comments:

SueH said...

Sometimes I think my mustard seed of faith is in fact only half a seed :-/ Following God in those times is more an act of will than choice! Then, later, reflecting on the past God blesses me with seeing things a little more from His point of view!

Thank you for this - I really needed to be reminded if this today!

Belle said...

Oh you are so welcome, Sue. I know what you mean about faith. I feel my faith is very small, but even if it is that is enough for God. :)