Monday, September 26, 2011

Trusting.


I was reading Isaiah tonight and came to the verse I remind myself about quite often.

"He will keep them in perfect peace whose mind is kept on Him."

I also read in Joyce Meyer's online magazine about trusting that God has a good plan for your life. Whenever I hear that I cringe. I don't feel my life has had a good plan, but that is just a feeling.

When I look around at my family, in spite of our troubles we believe in God. We have food, clothing and shelter. We have had lots of great times, happy times. Yet I always fear the future because of the bad things that have happened. I know bad things will happen again one day and it scares me.

I trust God will be with me and will help me. I trust in in wisdom and goodness. I'm just a coward plain and simple.

Oh well, I'll keep on truckin' and I'll keep on trying to trust and not to think of the future like Jesus said, "So do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

3 comments:

betty said...

Coward here with you too Belle. I do understand what you are saying. God does have plans for our lives, I think his definition of good and our definition of good could be totally different too. He's looking to mold us and make us like Jesus; we (me) am looking for comfort, not necessarily wealth, but a life free of bad things and pain, let it is in those bad things and pain that we grow the most as hard as they are. So I'm with you, I keep on trucking and try to trust and not worry too much about tomorrow too

betty

Belle said...

You are so right. His definition of good is different than ours. I know it was good my grandson died because he was headed for deep trouble. God took him when Craig was praying and asking for help. But Craig was addicted to alcohol and drugs and was always in trouble with the police because of fighting. He was terrified of jail, but that was where he was heading. I believe God took him to save him from that and more pain in his life. So Craig's death was good, but it doesn't feel good at all.

I know that sorrow and trouble bring us closer to God, but naturally I don't like it. And 90% of my life would be happy if I just don't think of the past or the future. Thank you so much for your comment. It helped a lot.

Luana Krause said...

Belle:
I know how you feel. I've learned, just recently, that God gives us the grace we need at the time we need it. He doesn't give us grace for tomorrow so when we worry about tomorrow, we get totally freaked out. But whatever happens, God will provde His grace right when you need it. That's His promise. He is a wonderful, loving God.