Thursday, October 13, 2011

Belief.


I used to think belief was just believing God existed and he loved everyone. I thought believing meant accepting the teachings of the Bible. But I learned an extra step in belief that I hadn't understood before.

Joyce Meyer says when you pray for someone or something; believe that God is working. Not only believe he heard your prayer, but that he is now working for that someone. He is now working towards that something you need. Say to God, "I believe God that you are working on this." She says this kind of belief can open the windows of heaven.

All I know is that for me I feel a great sense of peace and happiness that I didn't have before when I prayed. I know  it doesn't mean I will always get what I want, the way I want, when I want it. It just makes me smile when I realize that God is going to work towards something good for that person or situation, and that makes me happy.

3 comments:

betty said...

I do like this; I kind of say it in my own way when praying but having it laid out like this that believing God is working on that particular prayer request does give us a sense of calmness and peace indeed!

betty

Luana Krause said...

I agree. My prayer life changed drastically when I realized that God is working on the answer. This increases our faith because faith is believing the things we cannot see. And we know that God always works for our good and gives us what is best. He sees the whole picture.

Unknown said...

Then there comes a point when prayer is not needful. You just feel that presence continually and you say thank you.