Monday, December 26, 2011

The Light of God.


"Your eye is a lamp that gives light to your body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If the light in you is darkness; how great is that darkness!"
Matthew:22-23

As we walk we follow where our eyes lead us. Our eyes should be on Jesus. Many times he said, "Follow me." If we put our eyes on Jesus each day by prayer and Bible study then his light becomes ours.

When in darkness we stumble around and become lost. We cannot see the way to go. Jesus says this darkness is great - it is huge and swallows up our life. This is a sad picture of life without God.

"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light." Ephesians 5:8

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil." John 3:19

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post this morning Belle. How many times in a day do I choose the path of darkness over the path of light? One to many!! Sometimes I choose to be angry when I should walk in the light as a child of the light and give forth love instead of the hate...good reminder for me this morning...thanks my friend

Belle said...

Rhonda- Good morning, dear friend. I was also touched by Jesus' teaching on light. I want to walk in the light as he is in the light.

I was just reading this morning, "Search me O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Don't worry if you see faults within yourself. This is God's way of showing us what we need to pray about and give to him. We don't know our hearts, but He does and yet still loves us with an everlasting love.