Friday, December 30, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy.

Sermon on the Mount Cont...

After talking about not loving money Jesus said, "Therefore I tell you not to worry about your life, whether you have enough food, drink or clothing. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don't plant, harvest or store food in barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you far more valuable to him then they are?"

"Can all your worries add a single hour to your life?"

"And why worry about clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing. Yet not even Solomon, in all his glory, was dressed as beautifully. If that is how God clothes the grass, which is here one day and gone another, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?"
Matthew 6:25-30

I used to worry about everything. I have slowly learned from God not to worry about anything. I am still learning. When a worry comes into my head, I remember these verses and stop worrying. This has made my life much more peaceful and happy. 

No comments: