Sunday, January 1, 2012

God Will Supply All Our Needs.


Jesus said, "So do not worry saying, 'What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear?'
These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. But seek first his kingdom and his goodness and he will give you everything you need. So, don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's troubles is enough for today."

I think of these verses often. I need to learn to lean on God and not worry when thinks look dark. One time, my husband and I had fifty cents to buy food and that was all. I bought some stale bread and thanked God for it. That evening my husband brought home money from his new job. He had asked for an advance and they had given it to him. I was so grateful. It was the only time we had to do that. We also had no place to live and no money, we slept in the car one night but it was hard to sleep.  Hubby asked a motel guy if we could live there and pay later. God gave us favor in this man's mind and he man said yes. We now had a temporary home. During this hard time our daughters were visiting their real father for a month so they never knew how bad it got. I was thankful for that also. God did supply our needs. 



3 comments:

betty said...

He does indeed supply our needs. I'm learning to really just trust in him about this, like you are Belle. I have heard countless testimonies like you mentioned here that God did provide needs. I've been spending a lot of time reading the Sermon of the Mount; so much wisdom in it. My focus for a bit is going to be to read the Red Letters in the Bible, the words Jesus said. He definitely is telling us how to live and I want to get that into my thick skull in this new year!

betty

Anonymous said...

Ya know Belle, this is one of my fav's scriptures: and for years I would read it and quote it to self and others...then one day the Lord opened my eyes to how many times in a days time that I doubt the truth of this scripture by my doubts of the provision when times were hard harder and hardest...then he showed me I was being as a Gentile by seeking other means of provision, seeking something other than the "Kingdom of God and His Righteousness"...wow ....I have one commandment in this scripture...Seek ye....not go get ...!
God as he has with you and yours has provided tremendously in even the hours of my rebellion...He is a faithful loving Father!

Belle said...

Betty- I remember doing that one time. Only reading the red letters back when I had a Bible like that. I would say his own words are the most important in the whole Bible. Asking ourselves, "What would Jesus say and do?" is such a great idea. I do that often. Sometimes I'm not sure, but most times I am.

Rhonda- I think this is something we have to learn over and over again. Learning to trust God is a life-long lesson. Whenever anything comes up I try to remember, "Don't worry about anything." And things do come up over and over again.