Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Do Not Judge Others.


Jesus said, "Do not judge others and you will not be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged."

" Why do you see a piece of sawdust in your brother's eye, but not notice the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck of dust out of your eye when you have a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite! First take the plank out of your own eye, then you will see clearly to take a speck out of your brother's eye."
Matthew 7:1-5


I used to judge people when I was a young Christian. I would say to myself, "I would never do that!" It wasn't long before I realized I had done something worse than what they did! The Lord had to humble me before I realized what a sinner I was and how easy it was to fall.


When I used to go to church there was a lot of judging going on. People would come up to others and tell them they were doing wrong in front of everyone. People did that to us also. Yet, the people judging usually had a spirit of anger as they did this. Which is worse? Me letting my daughter take dance lessons (a no-no in our church) or being an angry, judgmental person who sowed strife wherever they went?

It seems like Jesus is saying too that if you are going to talk with someone about their sin problems, then you better make sure you don't have any. I'm not sure if there is anyone like that! But I think we can present Jesus' life as an example to everyone. We can admit we are sinners too and then point others to him.

3 comments:

betty said...

When I think of someone else's faults (usually my husband's, LOL) I have to remind myself my plank is such much more bigger than his sawdust. It does help put things into perspective. I had a pastor one time that said if you think you would never do that, chances are you might down the line so never say that you'll never do something. We are all flawed people; we need to remember that. We need to show compassion and mercy to others, like Jesus shows to us, and not judge others (which I am bad about more than I would like to admit!)

betty

Belle said...

I still have to remind myself not to judge people. It comes so easily to us all. Your pastor sounds like a wonderful teacher from what you have said here and before.

Anonymous said...

You know Belle, we all believe we are good judges to some point...look at how many times in a day we look upon a circumstance or a people and judge them per our own preception....One of the twelve governmental names of the LORD is "Just Judge"...he is the only one that is Just in his Judgments! :0) Have a Terrific Thursday