Monday, January 30, 2012

God's Thoughts.


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. Know him in all your ways and he will direct your paths."
 Proverbs 3:5-6

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
 Isaiah 55:8-9

I am always trying to understand the world and God - sometimes I am trying to understand God's dealings with the world.  I always want to know the "why" of everything. Sometimes I "lean on my own understanding" instead of trusting the Lord with all my heart. I do find however,  if something bothers me a lot and I ask God about it he usually shows me the answer.

When I look at photos of the galaxies and I see that God made the billions of stars I realize I need to let go of my understanding and always believe he knows what he is doing.  His ways are higher than mine. His thoughts are higher than mine. He has all the answers to all my questions, and if I don't know the answer now, I will know one day.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Belle, I am always thinking about how great God is when I see pictures of space. I'm so glad the universe doesn't rely on my puny little brain.

Belle said...

We would all be in a mess if I was running things! :)