Friday, January 27, 2012

The End of the World.

Picture found at:

I remember as a little girl being taught about the end of the world and Jesus coming back to take us to himself. At our church and in our home we had pictures of this event and I would stare at them and wonder when he would return. This teaching never frightened me because of Jesus. I wanted to see him, and many times I would look up to the sky and hope this was the day he would return. I still look up and imagine him coming and look forward to that day with hope and joy

`Look, He is coming with the clouds and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him. And all the families of the earth will mourn because of him. So be it! Amen.`
Revelation 1:7

Àfter he had said these things, he was lifted up while they were looking on and a cloud took him out of their sight...An angel said, `This same Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come back the same way you have seen him go to heaven.`
Acts 1:9-11

Jesus said, `See, I have told you ahead of time. If anyone tells you, `There he is, out in the desert!` Do not go. Or, `Here he is in the inner rooms!` Do not believe it. For as the lightening flashes from the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes.
`Matthew 24:25-`27

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I look for Him every day, Belle. I really think we are getting very close to it.

Belle said...

Shelly- So do I. "Even so, Come Lord Jesus."

betty said...

When Jesus comes back, it will be when we least expect it because that's what he said; I think it is going to be an ordinary day; nothing too extraordinary about it because he wants us to always be prepared. I used to think it would be in my lifetime, not sure these days.....but I know it will be the best timing because he is always on time, never early, never late, always right on time......

betty

Belle said...

Betty- You are so right, it will be the best timing. Right when we need him the most.