Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Psalm 34 - Taste and See.

Psalm 34 - What it means to me.

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them."  Verses 4-7

Many times God has delivered me from my fears. Actually, without God's help I am filled with fear. I fear the future - what will happen to my family? Will anyone die? Will their marriage last? Will he get off drugs?

People have different problems - mine is fear. Thank God he understands and gives me strength and peace.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Verse 8

I have always loved this verse. It says, "Give God a chance and see what happens."

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
18The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Verses 17,18

Is your heart broken? God is near you and will help you. Is your spirit crushed? He will lift you up. 

No comments: