Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Psalm 37 - Trust and Do Good.

"Trust in the LORD and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."  Verses 3,4

The Treasury of David
 "Delight thyself also in the Lord." Make Jehovah the joy and rejoicing of thy spirit. Bad men delight in carnal objects; do not envy them if they are allowed to take their fill in such vain idols; look to your better delight, and fill yourself to the full with thy sublimer portion. In a certain sense imitate the wicked; they delight in their portion - take care to delight in yours, and so far from envying you will pity them."

"A pleasant duty is here rewarded with another pleasure. Men who delight in God desire or ask for nothing but what will please God.; hence it is safe to give them carte blanche. Their will is subdued to God's will, and now they may have what they will. Our innermost desires are here meant, not our casual wishes; there are many things which nature might desire which grace would never permit us to ask for; these deep, prayerful, asking desires are those to which the promise is made." 

The greatest desire of my heart has been to have a loving family. The Lord has given me that in abundance. My husband, daughters and grandchildren all love each other. There is no one holding a grudge or not speaking to someone. I thank God for that. I guess an even greater desire is for us all to be saved and live in heaven together forever. I believe that God will also fulfill this desire of mine.

Other desires he has given me: enough food, a house to live in and a job for my husband. He has healed; he has saved; he has strengthened. I pray we will all trust and delight ourselves in the Lord.

No comments: