Monday, July 7, 2014

Psalm37 - Don't Sweat It.

Psalm 37 - What it means to me.

"Do not fret because of those who are evil
or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away."  Verses 1,2

We see evil rulers all over our world who do evil deeds continually. They usually have billions of dollars while their people are in deep poverty. God tells us not to fret because of these people. Their life is like a house plant in my home - it soon withers away! This life is all they have and also they will be punished for the harm they caused others. They will not burn in hell forever and ever, as some people say. But they will receive the same punishment that they gave to others.

"The day of the LORD is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you; your deeds will return upon your own head." Obadiah 1:15

After fretting, God tells us not to envy those who do wrong. Why would we do this? I think we would envy the money, power and freedom these people seem to have. We look at a billionaire and think, "Oh, how I wish I could have a mansion and a yacht. It would be wonderful to never worry about money again." I don't think we know how fortunate we are not to be rich. For Jesus said, "How hard it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Luke 18:24

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  Hebrews s13:5








No comments: