Sunday, July 27, 2014

Psalm 42 - I Long to be Like Jesus.

Psalm 42 - What it means to me.

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?  Verses 1,2

These verses always remind me of what Jesus said. "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.  Verse 5

When we are downcast, when we are disturbed, our only help is to hope in God. 

I was downcast and disturbed this last week. I was thinking of all the troubles my family is going through. It seemed like God told me to stop looking at my family and look at him. I am doing that as much as I can. I think of Jesus' life and teaching and his death on the cross and his kingdom in heaven. This does give me peace and hope. It is a daily struggle for me and I know I am a slow learner.

...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:2


No comments: