Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Psalm 46 - How Can I Know There is A God?

Psalm 46 - What it means to me.

The previous post dealt with the first verses of Psalm 46. This is what the rest of the Psalm says.

The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Verse 7

This is why we need not be afraid at the end of all things on earth. The Lord Almighty is with us.
Come and see what the Lord has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire. Verses 8,9

After Jesus returns to take his people to heaven there will be no more wars. 

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Verses 10,11

"Be still, and know that I am God."  If you want to know if God really exists. If you want to know why you and I are here, then be still. Take time and ask God, "Are you here? Can you help me?" He will tell you, He will let you know you are loved and that you belong to him. Knowing God takes time and stillness so we can hear him speak to our heart. 

No comments: