Sunday, August 24, 2014

Psalm 62 - Pour Out Your Heart to God.


Psalm 62 - What it means to me.

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him. Verse 5

We find hope and rest in God.

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. Verse 6

God is our rock, our salvation and our fortress.

My salvation and my honor depend on God
he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Verse 7

God is our honor, our mighty rock and refuge.

Trust in him at all times, you people. Verse 8

God is our trust. Trust in God means to accept everything in our lives as coming from him. The good comes to encourage us. The bad comes to make us grow - even if we don't want to grow. There is good, even in the bad, but we must look for it. We can ask God - "Where is the good in this?" and he will show us. That doesn't mean you will like it, but God works in a different way.

Pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.  Verse 8

The best thing about having a relationship with God is that we can pour out our whole heart to him. He is always with us, he is always listening and he is always helping us.

No comments: