Saturday, August 7, 2010

Come to Me.



While doing some work in the back yard, I saw a small bird hopping around in the bushes. I could see it was hurt and so I decided to save it. I slowly crept towards it, but of course it was afraid of me and hopped deeper into the shrubs. I bent down low and called softly to it, but it kept running from me until it went through the fence into the neighbor's yard.

All my intentions had been loving. I only wanted to help the little bird, but it didn't understand. I knew it would eventually die.

I thought about God at that moment, how he chases us and calls to us in order to save our lives. Yet few trust him enough to stop, listen and let him heal us. His intentions are all loving, if only we could believe that.

"The Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come.' And let the one who hears say, 'Come.' And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost." Revelation 22:17

No comments: