Friday, August 6, 2010

Prayer


Prayer can be tricky. I was praying for something today that I want so much. But as I was praying I wondered, "Do I want this if God doesn't think it is best?" After 40 years of being a Christian I know I do not. Even if I think something will be good for everyone, I know I can be wrong. God has shown me that.

What I have been asking God is to give money (somehow) to my daughter Christine so she won't have to go back to work. Her family needs her home and she needs to be home for her own reasons, but the economy in North America is such that both parents need to work.

I also know that when Christine has a job she is a huge help to people. She has helped people die in peace in place of fear. She has brought joy to those who are bored and suffering. She lights up any room she enters. She is a nurse.

I know God has used her in the past and he may want to use her again. She will only have to work part time. But she is my child and I don't want her to be so harried and overburdened by life. Because when a woman works she still has to clean the house, cook dinner and make the kids happy. There is homework, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, driving the kids around, and doctor and dental appointments.

I just want my daughter to have some peace for awhile. So, what if God says no. I have to accept the fact he has a better plan, and maybe a harder plan for Christine. After all, life is pretty hard for everyone. It's just that to me Christine isn't "everyone."

No comments: