Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"I Am With You Always."


About 10 years ago my husband was at the hospital having a test done when something went wrong. The doctor had punctured something and my husband had to be admitted into the hospital to be watched. One morning I came to see him and began to talk to him.

He looked at me and asked, "Who are you?"

I went out into the hallway and started crying. A nurse came running and asked me what was wrong.

"My husband doesn't even know who I am," I replied.

She ran in his room, paged someone and soon his room was filled with doctors. One of them came out to me and told me they were going to put two tubes in my husband's side. If bile came out, he would be alright. If blood came out, they would go immediately to surgery and the outlook could be grim.

Thank God, it was bile and he was home in 10 days. But what was interesting was that even though my husband didn't know where he was, who I was or even who he was, he said he remembered God and Jesus. He knew they were with him so he didn't feel afraid.

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:38-39

No comments: