Friday, August 20, 2010

Life's Lessons


My granddaughter Cherish took a year off after graduating from high school. She worked for six months and saved her money for a trip to Europe with friends.



When she returned, I asked her what she had learned from her travels. She gave me an answer I wasn't expecting.

"I learned patience," she replied.

"Patience?" I said. "What do you mean?"



"You know how I love my alone time, Grandma. And I didn't get any for three whole months. I've never been with my friends or anyone else for 24/7 and so I've had to learn to have patience with people."



What a wonderful gift from God to learn when she is only eighteen.


James 1 "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience."

No comments: