Sunday, May 20, 2012

Do You Want God to Warn Someone?


I've been writing on this blog for two years now. I always waited to feel inspired before I wrote anything. I decided to change the format now. I'm just going to post each day about my devotional time with God and what I learned or how I felt. I thought that might be nice for me - perhaps not so interesting to others though.

No one needs to comment if you don't need to etc. Feel free to just read and run or start to read and run. :)

I am going through the Bible starting at the beginning. Today I read about Cain and Abel. What struck me was how God came down personally to talk with Cain about his faults. He warned him at the start that unless he changed his attitude he would enter into greater sin:

"If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

Cain didn't listen and the result was the murder of his brother. God came again to speak with Cain; he gave him a chance to confess his sin and repent. Cain didn't do that.

I thought about why God quit showing up in person except to certain people like prophets. It is plain to see from this story that even if God Himself comes to people to help them to repent - it doesn't work if they are rebellious. As Jesus said, "Even if they see someone rise from the dead, they will not believe."

I used to ask God to send a dream to my first husband and warn him about being lost. I realize now that even if God did send him a dream it wouldn't have made a difference. God knows the when, where and why of how to deal with his children on earth and I trust his judgement.

4 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Belle, I think this is a wonderful idea. I could learn from your thoughts and even compare. Things I did not know, or you taking a different spin, all beneficial. Thank you for sharing! Blessings and hugs to you.

Desiray said...

Belle you did a wonderful job with your story today...you got out of it what God wanted you to get from it...AMEN

BelovedBomber said...

I will enjoy stopping to see what God shows you. It makes us ponder the Word more...I love it!

Belle said...

Hi everyone! Thank you for your kind words. God bless.