Friday, May 25, 2012

Miracles for Hubby and Me.

Reading about Abraham and how God led him and told him where to live made me think of how God led my husband and myself over the years. God did so much for us, I can never thank him enough. I think I wrote about this before, but that's okay.

Around 18 years ago, my daughter Sandy got a job in Prince George, a city 9 hours away. She would be taking my grandsons, whom I had been babysitting, with her. I felt very sad about this. I didn't think I would be seeing them very often, maybe only at Christmas. But God did something wonderful for me. My husband's company needed him to work in that city often over the next year. I was able to go with him, we stayed at a lovely hotel - all paid for - and I got to see my grandsons many times while they lived there.

The next miracle God did for us was when Sandy left Prince George because of an excellent job offer in Vancouver. It is only 5 hours away and also an easy bus ride. I visited quite often. After a year or so the boys became unhappy at their daycare. They wanted me to babysit them again. It didn't seem possible until my husband's company again asked him to work in Vancouver. We moved there and I was able to see the boys grow up and have a happy time after school with their friends instead of going to the local daycare. God also found us an apartment across the street from their school.

When the boys were 12 and 13 my daughter Christine, who lived in Kelowna, needed me. Her youngest daughter was not very well and Christine needed to work part-time. She needed someone to drive all the kids to school and back also. I wanted to help out and now that the boys didn't need me I could have, but there were no jobs in my hubby's company in Kelowna. There was only an office for managers there.

Also, my husband was in line for getting a promotion in Vancouver. We decided to pray and ask for guidence on what to do. Christine needed me right away. For the first time I asked God for a sign. If he wanted me to go to Kelowna before my husband - please give me a sign. He did do that within a week. I had a dream. My mother and I were flying into Kelowna. I looked out the window and thought, "I'm home."

I moved to Kelowna while my husband waited. His company moved the meter shop from Vancouver to a city near Kelowna that year. He applied for a job and got it. He gave up the promotion and extra money but we have never regretted it.

I'm so thankful for these miracles - for that is what they are to me - from God.

4 comments:

BelovedBomber said...

What great stories of how God moved in your life! I love to hear testimonies like this as they are so encouraging! Thanks Belle. Have a blessed weekend!

Belle said...

Hi! I hope your weekend is full of joy. God bless.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony. I found it very uplifting. I've been with my husband for 16 years and there have been many times when I know that God has worked miracles in our life together.

Belle said...

Thanks, Jenn. It is always good to remember what He has done for us.