Thursday, May 24, 2012

Walking With God.

Genesis 6:11 says the earth was filled with violence. This was one reason for the flood. What a frightening thought - a place filled with violence. 

"But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. This is the account of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God." Genesis 6:9

The Bible says the same thing about Enoch, who was taken to heaven - he walked with God.

When I go for a walk with someone it is a time of visiting and enjoying each other's company. That is how I see walking with God. I also see it as following his lead and striving to walk the way he shows me. I don't see myself walking so much as teetering along, slip-sliding around. But I can see God's hand holding mine.




1 comment:

Shelly said...

So true, Belle, so true~