Monday, May 14, 2012


I was thinking of my grandson today and feeling sad. I opened up my devotion page on my computer tonight and these verses were the first ones I read.

"I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."  1 Thessalonians 4: 13-14

"In the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing." 2 Timothy 4:8

"Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."—MATT.25:34.

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom."  Luke 12:32

I'm thankful we all have the hope of seeing our loved ones again. It is hard to go on without them but God gives us strength day by day.




5 comments:

BelovedBomber said...

God is so faithful...He knows the pain your heart feels and wants to comfort you every time...I am always in awe of how He moves! I am so sorry that your family had to experience such a terrible loss of a child...you are a great example to many of holding on to hope in Christ.

Shelly said...

I'm thankful, Belle, that the Lord sent you comfort this morning through His word. Praying for you today.

Desiray said...

Jesus is faithful and He will comfort those who are broken in heart, I knew when my mom passed away three years ago I didn't think I would make it but I did because Jesus saw to it He prepared me and my sisters so when we got the news we cried and grieved just like anyone else but we knew that God had called her home her work on earth was done...and as the days months and years went by it got lot easier every now and then I will say I wish mom was here so I could talk to her. But I know she sees all that I am doing..and very pleased.

Belle said...

Thank you all so very much for your kind and helpful words. It does help me very much.

Just Be Real said...

Belle, glad you were comforted. Blessings.