Wednesday, September 25, 2013

In Him We Live.

"The voice of my beloved! Behold, he comes, leaping over the mountains, bounding over the hills. My beloved is like a gazelle or a young stag. Behold, there he stands behind our wall, gazing through the windows, looking through the lattice. My beloved speaks and says to me: “Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away, for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. The fig tree ripens its figs, and the vines are in blossom; they give forth fragrance. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away."  Song of Solomon 2:8-13

Jesus is pictured as leaping and running to us - asking us to leave all behind and come away with him. What a beautiful image.

"My beloved is mine, and I am his; he grazes among the lilies." Song of Solomon 2:16

My beloved Jesus is mine and I am His. 

Jesus says in his prayer to his Father, "I in them and you in me--so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17:23

"I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."  John 17:26

“‘In him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “‘For we are indeed his offspring.’ Acts 17:28

No comments: