Monday, September 23, 2013

Like An Apple Tree.




Photo by MyName (MKFF (talk))



"Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest is my beloved among the young men. I delight to sit in his shade, and his fruit is sweet to my taste. Let him lead me to the banquet hall, and let his banner over me be love. Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love. His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me." Song of Solomon 2:3-6


I love the imagery in these verses. Among all whom we love Jesus is more beautiful than anyone or anything. Trees in our forests do not bear fruit and there in the midst of the pines is an apple tree. Its fruit is delicious - sweet to our taste like the fruits of the Spirit. His Spirit gives us refreshment and strength.

We sit in the tree's shade and shadow like we rest in the shadow of the Almighty God and this brings us happiness. "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings." Psalm 17:8

With his arms he lifts us up and holds us. We are his and he gives us strength. He surrounds us - He loves us.  "I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

After spending time with God on this earth, he will lead us to his banquet hall and his banner over us will say, "LOVE." Like parties on earth, where we hang a banner on the wall saying, "Welcome Home" or "Happy Birthday," God's banner over us at the feast will say, "LOVE." Amen.

No comments: