Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Oh Lord, Take Us Away With You!



Photo by יעקב


"Take me away with you--let us hurry! Let the king bring me into his chambers. Friends We rejoice and delight in you; we will praise your love more than wine. See How right they are to adore you!" 
Song of Solomon 1:4

Do you ever feel impatient to be with God? I do. I think of Him and heaven and long to be there. Have you ever been engaged and longed for the wedding day to come? Have you ever been in love and hated parting from him or her? Many people have run off to get married - they didn't want to wait any longer. Nothing mattered but to be together. That's the feeling I get from this verse.

On the last page of the Bible, Jesus said to John , “Surely I am coming soon.” John replied, "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!"  I say along with John, "Yes, amen, come Lord Jesus."

 Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
chambers—Her prayer is answered even beyond her desires. Not only is she permitted to run after Him, but is brought into the inmost pavilion, where Eastern kings admitted none but the most intimate friends (Es 4:11; 5:2; Ps 27:5)

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
The concluding words have caused much discussion. The meaning, however, is the same whether we say, "The upright love thee," or "Thou art rightly loved." The intention is to set forth the object of love as perfect. 



No comments: