Sunday, September 8, 2013

King of the Universe.

The Tomb of Cyrus.
  1. "I am Cyrus, king of the universe, the great king, the powerful king, king of Babylon, king of Sumer and Akkad, king of the four quarters of the world"
  2. http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/articles/c/cyrus_cylinder_-_translation.aspx
I had to smile when I read what Cyrus called himself - "King of the Universe."

I'm sure most people in the world have never heard of him. He was king of Babylon thousands of years ago. He was a mighty warrior, but I'm glad he isn't the ruler of the universe. It's a big place and I think it would be a bit much for a human being to rule it all.

I often wonder how God does it all - listen to everyone, watch over everyone and take care of all the other worlds, stars and galaxies. I wonder how God does it, but I can't figure it out because he is God and I am human. It is actually quite exciting to think when I go to heaven I might get an insight into his mind and how it works. Who knows?

One thing we do know, God is the only King of the Universe.

For at just the right time Christ will be revealed from heaven by the blessed and only almighty God, the King of all kings and Lord of all lords. 1Timothy 6:15

On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords. Rev. 19:16






No comments: