Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Give Thanks in All Things


I want to let you know I have never reached the Christian maturity involved in counting a problem in my life as a joy. The verse below advises us to do just that. The closest I have come was when my hubby and I were broke, he had just started a new job and we had fifty cents left. I went to Safeway, bought two stale, day-old dinner buns and sat eating them. I said, "Praise the Lord anyway." That is OK, but it is not counting it a joy.

I decided today, after reading the verse below, that I am going to try to see my trials as a joy. I am going to thank God for the trials, and no qualifiers like the word "anyway". I would like to have no trials or troubles at all. I don't care if I learn to endure. But apparently God does, so I will let you know in a month or so how it all works out.

James1:2-4

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials.
Know that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
And let endurance have its perfect result,
so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

No comments: