Monday, September 27, 2010

Puzzled?


From the book, "For This Day," by J.B. Phillips.

"I think of the many unsolved problems and puzzles of this life. It is true that, by the same Spirit, we are given an insight and an understanding into God's ways and workings that we should never have possessed by ourselves. But it is still true that life often baffles and perplexes us, and if you will not think me too childish, what I think we need is a good solid "shelf" on which such things may be left until the time comes for us to know even as we are known.

The "shelf" is, of course, God himself. When we are able to cast all our care upon him, I feel our care may rightly include our unsolved problems and difficulties.

Romans 8:28

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose."

1 comment:

Journey said...

Yes.... the shelf :) The shelf is both frustrating and something to be grateful for. Belle, I like coming to your blog and reading truth! I hope this finds you well, bloggy friend. May God bless and keep you, cover you and hide you- in HIs hands :) Happy Wednesday, Belle! thanks for stopping by my blogspot :) Blessings-- Beth :)