Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rejoice - What I Have Learned So Far.


On Tuesday, I said I was going to try to rejoice in my problems and trials. I started doing it immediately all through the day and on Wednesday. I have learned some interesting things in two days.

1. I used to say, "Praise the Lord anyway." I didn't like the word 'anyway'. It says,"In spite of all this crap going on in my life, I will praise God anyway.

2. I wanted to rejoice in my problems without a qualifier, but found out there is one after all: Because.

3. "Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn you name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man. Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for (because) your reward is great in heaven." Luke 6:22-23

4. Jesus said, "Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the evil spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that (because) your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20

5. "Let us lay aside every encumbrance and sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for (because of) the joy set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

6. "In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials..." I Peter 1:6 What is the 'this' that we should greatly rejoice about?
Verses 3-5 talk about being born again, having hope and an inheritance in heaven.

7. I woke up this morning, and instead of thinking of how bad my nightmares were or how my legs ached, I said, "I rejoice my name is written in heaven." Not only did that bring a smile on my face, but joy to my heart. I kind of like this rejoicing business!

No comments: