Thursday, September 2, 2010

You Know Me God

Psalm 139 1-12


Lord, you have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up.
You understand my thoughts from afar.
You watch my path and my lying down.
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.

Even before I speak, you know what I will say.
You are behind me and before me.
Such knowledge is to wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot reach it.


Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
If I make my bed in the grave, you are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I swell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there your hand will lead me.



If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night."
Even the darkness is not dark to you,
And the night is as bright as the day.

2 comments:

Carol J. said...

I like this, a lot.

Journey said...

Belle, your blog is such a peaceful place! I love coming to read the scriptures here in such a unique and restful way :) It's nice to run with joy, isn't it? Happy weekend! ---Beth