Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In Him We Live.

Acts 17:28 "In Him we live and move and have our being."

The excerpt below is from the book, For This Day, by J.B. Phillips

"Let us keep ourselves in the love of God. Tragedy, bereavement, suffering, disappointment, frustration...all these things I see in the lives of people every week of my life.

Often they cannot be explained. Often a kind of mute sympathy is the most that we can offer in the name of the Lord. But how much better if we can somehow, even though it be by a single sentence, suggest that nothing is really beyond the power and purpose of God?

However we may be hurt by life, whatever our mistakes and failures, and even though death itself touches us or our loved ones, we can at all times and in all places say, 'In him we live and move and have our being.'"


Habakkuk 3:17

Though the fig tree should not blossom,
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation.
The Lord is my strength,
He makes my feet like a deer's feet,
And makes me to walk upon high places.

No comments: