Saturday, October 23, 2010

Be Yourself

Proverbs 16:7
When a man's ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.


This is an excerpt from the book, "New Day, New You", by Joyce Meyer

"Whatever I thought people wanted me to be, that was what I tried to be. I wore many masks, trying to be accepted by everyone.


This type of behaviour can become a real problem if it is not addressed and changed. God will never help us be anyone other than ourselves. At times I felt like a vending machine. Everyone who came near pushed a different button, expecting a different thing...

I said yes to everything until I finally became sick from stress and realized that if I did not learn to say no, I was in for serious health issues. I wanted everyone to love and accept me I desperately wanted their approval - but I was trying to get it the wrong way. The Lord told me that he would give me favor with people if I would pray for them and trust him."

No comments: